Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My life thus far as a mama...

Mason will be six weeks this Friday (10/5), which means I've been a mama for over a month! Well, I think I was a mama the moment I got pregnant. Though as far as the experience a mother goes through, this month has been the most challenging, yet the most rewarding experience. It truly is amazing how your life changes with a baby. You obnoxiously hear it from all mothers, but you never believe it until you are actually living it. Now, nothing is about me. I think of myself second, and I am no longer my own priority. I definitely don't hate it. It is quite the adjustment, but when you're adjusting for your own child, you just don't think twice. From the moment I had Mason, I am just overwhelmed with this type of love i've just never experienced. I see my sweet baby boy, and I can just tear up from complete joy. I am at such peace holding him and when I wake up in the mornings I am sometimes surprised to find this perfect little being sleeping next to me. I almost feel like I just wasn't living until Mason came along, and now I just can't imagine my life without him. Being a mom is hard, but its not the kind of hard you just want to get over, its the kind of hard that you're okay with. I want to give him the world, and even though I don't have the monetary resources, I do have all the love in the world that I can give him and for how old he is right now, I think its enough. I am so in love with this little boy, and even though this wasn't planned its definitely the best thing that has happened to me. I love you, my little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment