Saturday, September 22, 2012

one month!



Today, (September 21st) marks Mason's fourth week since emerging from my belly! I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. I can recall my entire hospital experience as though it were yesterday. I can even still feel the knot in my stomach, if I think really hard, about the moments leading up to the surgery. But the fact of the matter is, he is here and he is perfect and he is a month old!

Its past midnight and I just now was able to get on the computer after putting him down to sleep. I'm writing this with him lying in bed next to me, a good inch away from my leg. He is snoring pretty loud, but then again so is Matt...So I'm not surprised. Anyways, this month has been the most challenging, yet the most rewarding month of my life. The second I felt this little boy kick inside of me, I was in love. Then the moment I saw him for the first time, I was completely consumed. How I ever lived without this tiny being is a mystery to me.

 Its already been a month!!! I am now getting used to a routine with him, even though its still pretty tough. But I am getting the hang of it, and I've even been able to take him out a couple of times to run some errands. Otherwise, it was important to me to stay home with him and learn him and care for him for the first month. Getting to know a newborn is challenging, but necessary. Not much has changed from our original routine with him aside from some minor details. We've switched to cloth wipes soaked in water versus the regular disposable wipes. (It was irritating his diaper rash and I couldn't stand to hear him cry every time I'd change him). We also just recently switched over to glass bottles versus the plastic ones. They are much cleaner and there are no traces of any other taste or chemical that could leach into plastic ones. A bit pricy, but worth it. He is still sleeping in bed with Matt and me. No particular reason other than the fact that I can't stand to have him far away from me. (Even though his crib is basically my nightstand). Although, it is convenient when he wakes up twice a night to eat and all I have to do is roll over and let him go to town! Other than that, he is still the calm baby I brought home a month ago.

All in all, Mason is the best thing to have happened to us. I just love him so much I feel like my little heart is going to explode because its at its capacity. I'm sad that time is going by so fast but I'm also very excited to watch him grow and be able to experience all he has to amaze us with.

I really do have the best baby in the world. Seriously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment