Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY & a package in the mail.

Being almost 40 weeks pregnant is now starting to wear on my body. Mostly my feet. I don't like to sit down all day and do nothing so I'm usually up on my feet cleaning the place up or playing with the cats, and of course I still do a nightly walk with Matt and the dogs. Though as of lately, I've been feeling so much pressure on my feet and they start to ache like crazy. Therefore, I made a nice little foot scrub (followed by a body scrub) in order to have a moment today to sit down and treat myself to a nice pedicure done by yours truly. Its a simple scrub so I thought i'd share it.

Coconut Oil foot scrub


What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup Organic virgin coconut oil. (Either refined or unrefined is fine being that you're using it on your feet).

- 4 tbsp sugar (you can use salt, but I chose sugar).

The process:

Pour 1/2 cup of coconut oil into a jar. 

Then put 4 tablespoons of sugar (or salt) into the oil. 

And mix it all up! (The salt/sugar will separate from the oil, obvs. So you'll have to stir it each time you plan on using it). 

I added some lavender oil into mine, though any scent will work. Or, you don't need to add a scent at all.

And there's your foot scrub! Super simple, and it definitely works! 

Today I decided would be the day to tend to my feet since I plan on deep cleaning our place tomorrow for Mason's arrival so this is what I did for a nice foot bath. 

-Soaked my feet in a bath of 1 cup warm milk (...i know, but its good for the skin.) and 5 cups of warm water for 10 minutes. 
-Then I took my feet out and rubbed the foot scrub all over both my feet and let it sit for a good 5 minutes so they would absorb the oil. 
-I put my feet back into the milk/water bath to rinse them off and then took them out and dried off.
-I then rubbed coconut oil on my feet/nails/cuticles and put on some socks so the oil could properly moisturize my feet. I usually keep the socks on for a minimum of 4 hours if I do this during the day, though if its before I go to sleep I'll just try and keep them on all night. (and I hate sleeping with socks on, so I usually will do it during the day). 
-Once you take off the socks, your feet will feel amazingly smooth! 

In other news...
I got baby's cloth diapers in the mail today! So excited to see his cute little butt in these amazing bumGenius diapers! 


TWO MORE DAYS until our baby boy is here! 

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment