Tuesday, July 31, 2012

cat lady
























I guess you could say I'm a bit of a cat lady...maybe a bit is an understatement. Nonetheless, I have two one year old kittens. A brother and sister duo I surprised Matt with a year ago. At the time, nothing seemed more perfect than to name them after beer. So, now we are proud parents of Guinness and Stella! Guinness is the trouble maker, and Stella is a wide eyed dreamer. Few things make me happier than to see their faces. I can be entertained for a shameful amount of time just watching them play, and being that my little Guinness has the talent of being a fantastic fetcher, I tend to stop what I'm doing pretty often and play fetch with him to help get his energy out. Stella on the other hand is the shy little sister, who has a permanent look of amazement on her face. Her go to place is a little loft area above our closet and when she has had enough of her napping, she'll meow to let me know she's coming down. Much like the meow she gives out asking for approval onto the bed. Once we give her the okay, she jumps into bed with us and falls asleep on whoever feels more comfortable at the moment. (Its usually on my stomach, and I don't have the heart to move when she's fast asleep on me. So, I end up being the uncomfortable one.)

Point being, we're all going to have to prepare for baby Mason's arrival and I think the kittens are in for a rude awakening. You can ask Matt...all my attention goes to them. In fact, he'll admit he's jealous of the kittens, and let me tell you...the jealousy is genuine. But with faces like theirs, how can you resist?! Makes me wonder how in love I'll be with Mason, after all I already feel like I can't love him anymore. I'm sure I'll be proved wrong the moment I see him. Hopefully the kittens will feel the same.



Have a beautiful day! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment