Tuesday, November 13, 2012

TOYS


Lately I've been researching developmental toys for the little dude. He's approaching three months, which is when they start to grab things and want to be more stimulated than just plopping them on a swing (which I am not totally for). I'm not looking for a toy that'll just pass the time, I really want to find toys/activities that aid in Mason's development. Of course there are some necessities that don't necessarily promote development, but the little guy does need some things to gnaw at as his teething stage starts up! I keep reading all about the Montessori education approach, and I must say that I am a big fan. Though with a three month old, I don't think the Montessori approach would really pan out. So for now, I'm just looking for some baby developmental toys that help stimulate my boy. The only toy I keep stumbling across throughout blogs and search engines is the Sophie giraffe, which seems to work miracles. So, that's definitely on the list. Otherwise, here are some ideas that i've also come across or/and find really cool:


1. green sprouts stacking cup set
2. Fisher-Price brilliant basics rock-a-stack
3. Haba kringelring clutching toy
4. Sophie the giraffe
5. Manhattan toy winkel
6. Little Tikes baby tap a tune piano
7. Lamaze Mortimer the moose

So far, these are the toys I have my eye on, though haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm looking around for some wooden toys, but haven't come across many of them that an infant would find entertaining. I'd love to hear suggestions if you have any!


8 comments:

  1. These are all super cute, and great ideas for a little one!!! Thanks for sharing!

    I don't have many suggestions to add, but one of our favorite items for the teething/I want to put everything in my mouth stage has been these super cute teething/nursing necklaces. I usually always have one on, and J loves to chew on them! (http://www.etsy.com/shop/KangarooCare?ref=pr_shop_more). We also recently reviewed an owl teething toy from this shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/angiebabygifts?ref=seller_info) and fell in love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally not to early for Montessori! We didn't really start incorporating Montessori philosophies into our home until Kale was around a year or so, but I wish we'd started earlier. I think you'll find that a lot of the principles are reflective of attachment parenting and you're probably doing Montessori "stuff" without even knowing it :) Anyway - you might want to check out:

    http://www.howwemontessori.com/how-we-montessori/infant-grasping-materials/
    http://www.montessorimom.com/baby-introduction/
    http://livingmontessorinow.com/2010/10/05/how-to-set-up-your-home-for-an-infant-using-montessori-principles/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thebohomomma: Those teething necklaces are awesome! I'm going to buy one right now. Thanks for the heads up!

    @Randalin: Those links are SO helpful! I didn't realize there were so many Montessori things that could be incorporated into an infants life! I am into the idea of that puzzle ball, and am going to attempt to make it tonight! Thanks so much for the links : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I discovered your blog per Google bit searching for such kinda educational advise moreover your inform beholds very remarkable for me. Toy HQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lot to occur over your amazing blog. Your blog procures me a fantastic transaction of enjoyable.. Salubrious lot beside the scene. https://www.toyhq.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is fine, nonetheless evaluate the information and facts around this correct. www.toyhq.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. xxl stofftier You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. kuscheltier xxl Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete