Tuesday, August 28, 2012

back and with baby!


Mason Edward Olsefsky
August 24, 2012
8:05 am 
7lbs. 9oz. 
The perfect baby! 

After a little break, I am finally back to document my now complete family. On Friday August 24th I went in for my cesarean and at exactly 7:45 am was on the operating table after anxiously waiting for two hours doing paperwork and getting pricked by nurses. The actual surgery went really well. After the spinal tap I felt nothing (obvs), and with Matt sitting by my side, and many awkward pressured pokes later...we finally heard Mason's cry over the curtain. I was doped up, and falling asleep but at that moment I felt the most joy I've ever felt. Its such an incredible feeling, that can't even be described. The only way to give it justice is to be able to experience it. After being stitched up I was reunited with my baby and Matt in the recovery room and was able to bond with my family for a couple hours. I've never loved anything so much, and looking at Mason and feeling him on my chest for the first time I just fell in love and from that moment on, I can't imagine loving anything more than I love this precious little human being. He is absolutely perfect. 

I only ended up staying in the hospital one night, and was able to go home the next day. I couldn't stand being cooped up in a small hospital room with the hard bed and everything that comes along with it. I recovered really well and really fast, which I am very grateful for because I couldn't imagine not being able to walk and bend and such in order to take care of Mason. But I've been walking non stop and hardly sit down during the day (if you don't count the 100 times I sit down to feed Mason. He LIVES on the boob.) Now everything is back to normal, and I just couldn't be happier. I am absolutely IN LOVE with my son, and I just couldn't have dreamt up a better baby. I am so lucky, and every time I look at Mason I still cry. I don't know how I ever lived without him. He is such an observant baby, with the biggest blue eyes and the cutest blonde hair. He is just the best thing that could have ever happened to me, and I am definitely the proudest mama out there! 

Here are some pictures taken since Mason's birth. Since he's been home we've taken him on a walk (two minute walk since its so hot), taken him to his first doctors appointment and we've celebrated my birthday. Otherwise, I spend my days breastfeeding him, and staring at him. 







First ride in the car! (on the way home from the hospital)

Guinness meeting Mason. 


After his first bath!








Celebrated my birthday with the best present in the world!

My world. 

1 comment: